Pingg studio info
pingg Design Community
Congratulations on joining the pingg Design Community! (And if you haven't joined yet, click here to do so). You're now in the company of talented artists working in a variety of media, all with a passion for art and great design. You now also have the tools to create and disseminate the works of your imagination via pingg and possibly make some money while doing it. So if you're a painter, illustrator, photographer, graffiti master, graphic designer or some as-yet-unheard-of hyphenated combination of artistic disciplines, go ahead and complete your profile, create some designs, activate them and get this show on the road - but read on below to learn how to distribute your creations and earn rewards.
The pingg Gallery
When you join the pingg Design Community, any designs you create and activate are immediately added to the pingg Gallery. Your designs are search-able via your name as it is entered on your profile; the tags you added to your designs in the pingg Gallery are used by us to categorize and manage your designs in our database.
- For example: if your profile name is "Shama-lama-ding-dong", type exactly that in the keyword search field on the upper left-hand side of the gallery page, click the magnifying glass icon to the right of the field and you'll see your profile picture on the right. Click your profile picture and you'll be taken directly to your profile page where all of your activated designs will be displayed.
We also supply you with tools to help you promote yourself. The more you promote yourself, the more your designs will be used and the greater chance you have of winning a Top Designer Reward (see Designer Rewards Program below).
- When you're on the pingg Studio home page, click the "promotional material" link on the left-hand side under the "studio management" heading. Post your custom URL (which links directly to your profile page) to Facebook or Twitter via the corresponding icons or copy/paste the custom URL and send it to friends & family in any medium you choose. Promote yourself further by placing a pingg button/banner that links directly to your profile page and designs on your website; choose any of the banner/button options on the "promotional material" page, copy the HTML code located in the text field near the bottom of the page and paste that into your site.
The Designer Series
All designers contributing to the pingg Gallery are considered for inclusion in the Designer Series. Our design team reviews additions to the pingg Gallery daily and, if they like what they see, you will be added to the Designer Series. Once you're added to the Designer Series:
- You'll receive a friendly note from us to let you know
- All of your designs will be search-able using the tags you added during the creation process
- Some of your designs may be curated into our Gallery Collections (e.g., Birthdays, Wedding, Holidays, etc.)
- You could become a Featured Designer with your name - linked to your profile - prominently displayed on the pingg home page
- You may be selected as a Staff Pick
Any of these promotional channels will help drive more traffic to your designs; the more your designs are used, the more likely you are to receive a Designer Reward (See below).
pingg Plus Designers
If you are asked to become a pingg Plus Designer, all of your designs will be offered to hosts for $10, and anyone who chooses a pingg Plus Design automatically upgrades their event to pingg Plus. The best part: you get 50% of the net revenue per design sold. After we subtract our overhead costs of doing business ($4) net revenue per design is $6. So each time one of your designs is used, you make $3. It's that simple.
Please Note: the overhead cost, currently $4, is subject to change at any time; any changes to the overhead cost will be posted here.
If you are selected to become a pingg Plus Designer--and you accept--you may notice a decrease in usage of your designs, as they will no longer be free. This is normal, so don't be discouraged.
The pingg team selects designers to join the pingg Plus Designer Program based on the quantity, quality, and relevancy of their designs. Have a look at the following designers who have joined the Program to get a sense of what we're looking for:
To be considered for the program, you must first join the pingg Design Community, complete your profile and add a portfolio of designs. As we review portfolios and accept new designers to the program, we’ll invite you to become a pingg Plus Designer if your work meets our editorial standards,. All qualifying designers are added to the program at end of each quarter: March, June, September and December. Please also see our pingg Plus Designer FAQ
Designer Rewards Program
There are three ways to earn rewards for your designs. Contributors to the pingg Designer Series are both eligible for Top Designer and Design Challenge rewards. Staff Picks are chosen from the Designer Series. You must claim all rewards earned within 6 months. Any reward earned through our designer rewards program and not claimed within 6 months will be forfeited.
- Top Designer
- At the end of each month we announce the top designers whose invitations & ecards were used the most during that month AND reward them with plenty of love and a little extra cash. We reset our score cards each month, so there's always another chance to hit the top.
- Design Challenge
- We organize various design challenges for artists of all shapes and sizes to enter. So be on the lookout and show us what you’ve got.
- Staff Pick
- Once a month a pingg staffer will pick their favorite design. If your design is chosen, you receive $50. Staff Picks are chosen from the Designer Series only and are announced monthly on our blog.
If you have any questions or feedback, please don't hesitate to contact us